(Sorry about yesterday’s stand-up comedy post that accidentally posted to this blog for a few moments!)
Today you get a choice on what you want to work on. Here are the options.
You may write a sestina (we covered those at the end of the poetry unit and I’ll review them in class).
Write a holiday letter. I will give a brief explanation on how to do that correctly.
Oh yeah, here are today’s terms (We start 12 Angry Men next Monday so you’ll need’em!)
- testimony- what is said and testified to in court.
- evidence- items that are taken from the crime scene to be used as a persuasive device
- unanimous- all jury members vote the same way (12-0 decision).
- cross examination- when one side asks questions of the other side. For example, the prosecutor questions the defendant. Usually hostile.
- expert witness- someone that is certified in a field that testifies (DNA Scientist, Psychiatrist, Coroner).
6. discrepancy – a difference between facts; the facts don’t match up accurately. This can lead to reasonable doubt…