Today we conclude 12 Angry Men and will hopefully have time to work on another concrete detail. Remember–when citing a concrete detail from the text, paraphrasing OR exact quote you need to include the citation (Rose 558). See how I did that?
Today’s Do Now is pretty fun too!
Do Now: Write which word doesn’t belong for each number…
1. defendant, accused, inspector
2. motive, question, reason
3. tenement, apartment, trial
4. conceivable, believable, reliable
5. intimidate, frighten, inspire
6. writhing, talking, twisting
7. prosecution, client, defense
8. discrepancy, difference, likeness
9. abstain, decline, indulge
10. alibi, farewell, excuse