Quiz then Act II. Here’s a term for today as well…
A paradox is a statement that apparently contradicts itself and yet might be true.
- If you didn’t get this message, call me.
- The person who wrote something so stupid can’t write at all
- Men work together whether they work together or apart. – Robert Frost
- Be cruel to be kind
- The beginning of the end
- Drowning in the fountain of eternal life
- Deep down, you’re really shallow.
Today we’ll get through the very famous balcony scene. We’re actually going to skip Act II Scene 4 and then get on to scene 5 tomorrow.
The important thing to remember from the scene we’re passing over that Tybalt has challenged Romeo to a dual, and Benvolio and Mercutio think it’s a bad idea for him to accept based on his state of mind about women at this point. (They think he’s too soft to be fighting.)